This year we will be focussing on upcoming AAA/AA tryouts and ensure players are ready to compete at the highest levels possible.
The Top Shelf Athletics philosophy is to provide high tempo training to help players improve their overall team play while encouraging individual development and creativity.
Our players come from all over our region and in the process great friendships are borne. This year our team will be made up of players from North Bay and surrounding areas, including, Sudbury, Temiscamingue QC, and Powassan.
The Top Shelf Athletics Spring Hockey Program Includes
6 Hours on ice practices (Schedule to be determined)
Some areas we will be concentrating on are;
- Head up puck stickhandling and
- Head up skating with the puck and not over handling the puck,
- Flat hard passing,
- Creating space,
- Finding and knowing who's open before getting the puck,
- Fore checking and back checking while in continuous motion,
- D man taking the middle away,
- Head on a swivel,
- Using your D partner,
- Regroup, just to name a few
Off ice Activities
Video review and highlights video
Video skills analysis
Jerseys and socks
Snacks / Refreshments
Stick and shin pad tape provided
- All individuals involved with the team will be fully covered.
Each participant will receive an official Top Shelf Athletics souvenir